Mama’s Hearty Chilli
Ready in 50 mins
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2lbs lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1(15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- chopped onion
- chopped fresh jalapeno
- grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Saute onion in oil until nearly translucent; add ground beef and brown, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Add seasonings and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato sauce, catsup, tomatoes, water and kidney beans. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for at least a half hour, adding additional water if necessary.
- Serve with onions, jalapenos, cheese, sour cream, and White Noize.